Elder Law Addresses A Wide Range Of Legal Issues
Our Miami Attorneys Bring A Wealth Of Knowledge And A Compassionate Approach
Elder law encompasses many of the services you may have reviewed already on this website. Our elder law attorneys advocate for the elderly and their families in a wide range of legal matters, from preserving wealth and ensuring that assets are passed to heirs according to one’s wishes, to protecting an elderly loved one’s rights as they relate to nursing home care, Medicare or Medicaid, Social Security benefits or a number of other matters.
At the Law Offices of Frye & Vazquez, P.L., our lawyers have guided the elderly and their loved ones through these important and often emotional issues for more than two decades. Because this is an area of law we focus a great deal of our time on, we have worked with every imaginable situation involving estate planning and the complexities of elder law issues.
We provide estate planning, asset protection and other elder law services for clients and families in Miami-Dade County, Broward County and communities throughout South Florida.
An Emphasis On Personal Attention And Clear Communication
Elder law issues, like a lot of matters handled in the legal arena, can be loaded with uncommon terms and complex government rules and guidelines. We boil these issues down to the key information our clients need to know to make the decisions that are best for them.
Every family’s situation is different. We will take the time to thoroughly discuss your unique goals to ensure the legal strategy we develop addresses those objectives and is designed to achieve them.
If you are a senior citizen or a family member who is helping to care for an elderly relative, we can help. These are just some of the questions elderly individuals and their family members face that we can assist with:
- How can I protect my assets in retirement and leave them to loved ones?
- How can I minimize the amount of estate taxes that are owed upon my death?
- Should I divest my assets in order to qualify for Medicaid? When is it too late to do that?
- What happens if I become ill or incapacitated and cannot handle my own finances?
- How do make my wishes known regarding end-of-life health care decisions?
- What is the best way to gift money to my children or grandchildren?
- Should I purchase long-term care insurance? At what age?
- Does it make sense to avoid probate?
- What steps should I take if I suspect my elderly parent is being abused in a nursing home?